- Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports that Cal QB Jared Goff will work out for the Browns and 49ers this week.
- Rand Getlin also reports that Goff will work out for the Eagles at some point this week.
- According to Adam Caplan, many NFL coaches and executives feel that Goff is more ready to play than North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz.
Mike Silver of NFL Media reports that UCLA LB Myles Jack won’t run a 40-yard dash before the draft or hold personal Pro Day.
“He’s close, but he’s not totally ready, and I’m not gonna let him go out there and run an average time,” Jack’s agent, John Thornton, said Tuesday. “He’s going back to Indy for a medical recheck on April 14th and 15th, so he won’t be doing anything before then. If there’s time — and if he can prepare the way he needs to prepare — he might run for a specific team in a private workout. But I feel like most of them have seen what they need to see.”
- Matt Miller of B/R spoke with an NFC West team who mentioned that they have had Cal’s Jared Goff rated as their No. 1 quarterback for some time now. The team mentioned that they particularly liked his “pro-readiness“
- Interestingly enough, this team tells Miller that they have Memphis’ Paxton Lynch rated as their No. 2 quarterback. athleticism, arm strength and his upside are the main selling points.
- Adam Caplan was told by a NFL offensive coordinator that he would prefer Lynch to sit for two years to learn and that while he has a large upside, he still requires lots of work.
- According to Miller, this team is concerned about NDST’s Carson Wentz coming out of nowhere and the fact that he has started less than 25 games during his college career.
- Caplan reports that the Eagles are working out Wentz on Wednesday.
- Nate Ulrich reports that Ole Miss WR LeQuon Treadwell will visit with the Browns on Wednesday.
- Dave Birkett reports that Clemson DE Shaq Lawson will work out for the Lions next month.
- Birkett also reports that USC LB/S Su’a Cravens has a scheduled visit with the Lions.