Home / 49ers / Draft Rumors: 49ers, Browns, Eagles, & Raiders
Draft Rumors: 49ers, Browns, Eagles, & Raiders
- Matt Miller reports that Florida State G Tre‘ Jackson and Alabama G Arie Kouandjio both have failed “multiple” team physicals due to chronic knee problems.
- Evaluators around the league are mixed when it comes to Georgia RB Todd Gurley being a Top 10 pick, according to Miller.
- Four separate teams tell Miller that they expect Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory to be selected outside the top 10, but still end up being a first-round pick.
- According to Miller, multiple scouts have said that they still have Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray among their top 10 players, even after his recent citation for marijuana possession.
- Arizona State S Damarious Randall has been reportedly so popular in recent months that he couldn’t find time to meet with every team requesting in speaking to him, per Miller.
- Michigan DE/OLB Frank Clark is moving up draft boards and a source tells Miller: “He won’t get outside the third round is our feeling.“
- Source close to the 49ers have told Miller that Oregon DL Arik Armstead is among the targets for San Francisco in round one as long as they don’t trade out of the No. 15 spot.
- Miller confirms the multiple reports that have said that the Browns want to trade up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota. However, this will end up coming down to the cost for making a move up the board for the Heisman Trophy winner.
- Interestingly enough, Miller adds that the Giants and Browns have discussed a possible trade that would allow New York to drop back in round one.
- Several general managers who spoke with Miller mentioned that the Eagles are being connected to UCF WR Breshad Perriman.
- Sources tell Matt Miller of the Bleacher Report that the Raiders are a “wild card” in round one as they reportedly have “fallen in love” with Alabama WR Amari Cooper.
- In fact, Miller believes the Raiders could even take Cooper over USC DL Leonard Williams.
Tags Amari Cooper Arie Kouandjio Arik Armstead Breshad Perriman Frank Clark Leonard Williams Marcus Mariota Randy Gregory Shane Ray Todd Gurley Tre' Jackson