Peter Schrager has spoken to executives from four different teams who believes LSU OL La’el Collins is “undraftable” until he’s fully exonerated from the murder investigation.
- According to Daniel Jeremiah, the Rams love Miami OT Ereck Flowers while the Dolphins seem to really like Louisville WR DeVante Parker. Jeremiah seems to think this could be a trade scenario to watch.
- Peter Schrager reports that Georgia RB Todd Gurley remains a hot name and could be picked in the Top 12.
- According to Schrager, at least two teams view Shane Ray’s recent incident as a “one-time deal.” Schrager believes he’ll still be a first round pick.
- There are reportedly mixed reviews regarding Oregon DL Arik Armstead, as some see him as a Top 20 pick, while others view him as a long-term project and second-round selection.
- Lance Zierlein is hearing that ASU Damarious Randall could be drafted ahead of Alabama S Landon Collins tonight.
- Peter King of MMQB writes that while the Chargers and Browns could also be in play to trade up to No. 2 overall for Marcus Mariota, only the Eagles could put together the kind of package that it would take to make the move up the board.
- King expects HC Chip Kelly to make a “serious effort” to acquire Mariota in the hours before the draft.
- The Eagles would obviously have to either trade QB Sam Bradford to the Titans as part of the deal, or ship him to the Browns for a first-round pick and then flip that pick along with more compensation to Tennessee as part of a deal for Mariota.
- Dianna Marie Russini reports that the Redskins are “planning and hoping” to take Florida DL Dante Fowler at No. 5 overall.
- Otherwise, they would like to trade back and grab an offensive lineman if possible.
- According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Saints view Baylor QB Bryce Petty as the “best pure passer in the draft.”
- Interestingly enough, McGinn has Petty going to the Saints in round one.