- Jason Cole reports that whether to allow LSU OL La’el Collins to pull out of the draft pool is being considered by executives at the top of the NFL food chain.
- A league source tells Charles Robinson that he doesn’t think the NFL will allow Collins to enter the supplemental draft.
- According to Robinson, there is concern about the precedent that this would set if the NFL were to allow Collins to take his name out of the draft.
- Rand Getlin of Yahoo Sports spoke with a personnel man with a Top-10 pick who said that his team is prepared to draft Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory tonight.
- Getlin’s source said: “We’re not going to let him get past us.”
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirms that Gregory is likely to be a first-round pick, as he’s drawn some Charles Haley comparisons.
Jim Wyatt reports that the Eagles are continuing to make a serious attempt to trade up to No. 2 overall.
- ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio reports the Eagles are still trying “very hard” to trade up to for QB Marcus Mariota.
- However, the Titans are reportedly asking for “the moon, the sun and the stars,” according to Paolantonio.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter mentions that the watch for Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray begins at No. 8 overall with the Falcons.