Home / Bears / Draft Rumors: Round 2, Bryce Petty, Buccaneers, Rams, & Seahawks
Draft Rumors: Round 2, Bryce Petty, Buccaneers, Rams, & Seahawks
- Jason La Canfora writes that there will be a run on offensive linemen and running backs in the first half of round two.
- La Canfora expects Oregon OT Jake Fisher and Penn State OT Donovan Smith to be early picks off the board.
- As for teams that could running backs tonight, La Canfora specifically mentions the Jaguars, Raiders, Jets, Bears and Falcons as teams to watch.
- La Canfora can’t see Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory or Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham falling out of round two.
- However, La Canfora thinks LSU OL La’el Collins could last until the final two rounds.
- La Canfora doesn’t anticipate a tight end being drafted early in Day 2 and mentions that an under-the-radar player like South Carolina’s Rory Anderson or Rutgers TE Tyler Kraft could be the first player taken at the position.
- Jason La Canfora expects Baylor QB Bryce Petty to be the next quarterback taken and mentions the the Bills, Rams, Saints, and Chargers as potential landing spots.
- Ed Werder reports that the Buccaneers have Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory on their draft board along with Oregon OT Jake Fisher.
- Ian Rapoport reports that RB Todd Gurley’s timeline for returning from his ACL surgery has him back for Week 2 of training camp.
- Rapoport adds that Gurley is a candidate to begin the season on the physically unable to preform list.
- Jason La Canfora suggests Michigan DE Frank Clark as a potential option for the Seahawks in round two.
- If Seattle were to take Clark, La Canfora mentions that this could “hasten the departure” of OLB Bruce Irvin.
Tags Bruce Irvin Bryce Petty Donovan Smith Dorial Green-Beckham Frank Clark Jake Fisher La'el Collins Randy Gregory Rory Anderson Todd Gurley Tyler Kraft