Jason Cole suggests a trade between the Redskins and Jaguars that would allow Washington to move up to No. 3 overall for Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler with Jacksonville dropping back to No. 5 for USC DL Leonard Williams.
However, Cole mentions that this would obviously come down to the required compensation.
- Albert Breer mentions that the Redskins, Jets, and Rams are all looking to trade back and pick up more draft picks.
- Jim Wyatt reports that the Jets and Rams have also been in trade discussions with the Titans regarding the No. 2 overall pick.
- Regarding the Rams talks with the Titans, Jim Thomas reports that they amount to “nothing meaningful.“
- Tony Pauline has confirmed with multiple sources that UCLA ILB Eric Kendricks is in play for the Cardinals at No. 24 overall.
- Ed Werder reports that in the event the Browns acquire QB Sam Bradford, the Cowboys do not have interest in trading for QB Johnny Manziel to replace Brandon Weeden on their roster.
- Charles Robinson reports that if the Saints end up drafting Baylor QB Bryce Petty, it would be a clear indication that Jeff Ireland is already calling the shots in New Orleans.
- Robinson believes that the Saints have “legitimate interest” in Petty and they know the Bills are seriously interested in him.
- According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, teams in contact with the Titans are wondering if the Titans’ high asking price for the No. 2 overall pick could be an indication that they plan to take Oregon QB Marcus Mariota rather than trading him.