Home / NFL Rumors / Drew Rosenhaus Officially Drops QB Johnny Manziel, Still Hoping To Play In 2016

Drew Rosenhaus Officially Drops QB Johnny Manziel, Still Hoping To Play In 2016

Update:

Free agent QB Johnny Manziel tells USA Today that he’s focused “on the issues in front of me” and is hoping to play in 2016.

“I’m hoping to take care of the issues in front of me right now so I can focus on what I have to do if I want to play in 2016,” Manziel said. “I also continue to be thankful to those who really know me and support me.”

This comes after the news that agent Drew Rosenhaus dropped Manziel as a client on Tuesday.

“So many people only have one image of Jonathan but, believe it or not, he takes all this very seriously,” said Manziel’s spokesperson, Denise Michaels. “He’s hoping that he can clear up his personal issues, start interviewing agents and see what he needs to do if he wants to play this year.”

———

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Drew Rosenhaus has officially has terminated his agreement with free agent QB Johnny Manziel after just two months as his agent.

Rosenhaus previously informed Manziel that either he seeks treatment for his issues or he would no longer represent him.

“I have terminated the standard representation with Johnny Manziel in the hopes of helping him get the treatment I believe he needs,” Rosenhaus said. “I have informed him that if he takes the immediate steps I have outlined for him that I will rescind the termination and continue to represent him. Otherwise the termination will become permanent. There is a five-day window for me to rescind the termination. I’m hoping he takes the necessary steps to get his life back on track.

This is now the second agent to drop Manziel in the past few months, which is hardly a good look for him.

Manziel continues to party in Los Angeles, despite being released from the Browns a month ago. He’s really show no indication that he’s taking his NFL career serious, and it would be surprising to see a team show any amount of interest in him until he makes a real attempt at stabilizing his life.

Manziel, 23, was in the second year of his four-year, $8,247,250 rookie contract that included $6,702,625 guaranteed when the Browns cut him loose at the start of the 2016 league year.

Manziel wound up clearing waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent.

It’s worth mentioning that signing Manziel to a contract wouldn’t factor into a team’s 2017 compensatory picks.

In 2015, Manziel appeared in nine games and thrown for 1,500 yards while completing 57.8 percent of his passes to go along with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. Manziel has also ran for 230 yards. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 31 quarterback out of 36 qualifying players.

We’ll have more regarding Manziel and a new opportunity as the news is available.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz