“I have tremendous respect for both John Elway and Peyton Manning as people and as quarterbacks in the NFL, but I was not concerned one bit with playing in their shadow,” Osweiler told TheMMQB. “That didn’t weigh into my decision whatsoever. Bottom line, I made my decision off where I felt like I could have the most success playing quarterback in the NFL and where I could go and win long term.”
Osweiler added there’s no grudge between him and the Broncos organization, despite all that transpired in free agency.
“I could probably stand up and have a press conference and thank 100 guys within that Denver organization, along with all those teammates I played with,” Osweiler told MMQB. “So there is no grudge. I have nothing but love for my time I spent in Denver, and appreciation and gratitude.”
- Mike Wells of ESPN doesn’t see the Colts signing another veteran receiver like Anquan Boldin to a contract after how things went with the likes of Darrius Heyward-Bay, Hakeem Nicks, and Andre Johnson.
- Michael DiRocco expects second-round LB Myles Jack to have more of an impact later on in the year, due to the fact that he’s going to miss all of OTAs.
- DiRocco believes Jack will ultimately replace veteran MLB Paul Posluszny at some point.
- Unsurprisingly, DiRocco sees free agent acquisition Malik Jackson starting for the Jaguars as their 3-technique with Sen’Derrick Marks being mixed in as part of a rotation.
- According to Mike Reiss of ESPN, there isn’t anything of substance in regards to the Patriots and free agent RB Arian Foster right now.
- The Patriots have several running backs on their roster right, but Reiss still doesn’t rule out the Patriots being an option for Foster later on.