Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports reports that it’s ”Jason Licht (Cardinals) vs. Marc Ross (Giants) for that Bucs GM job.“
- Garafolo adds that Buccaneers have been “very impressed” with both candidates.
Falcons director of player personnel Lionel Vital told D. Orlando Ledbetter that intends to remain with the team after it became clear that he wasn’t getting the Buccaneers job.
- Ian Rapoport mentions that “it’s more of a feeling than anything official that [Vital] likely to stay rather than be Bucs GM.”
Ian Rapoport reports that the Buccaneers’ GM search is expected to continue into next week.
- Rapoport is “hearing” that Giants executive Marc Ross and Cardinals executive Jason Licht have both impressed the Buccaneers ownership.
- Rapoport adds that although there has been a lot of buzz regarding Falcons executive Lionel Vital, it appears to have died down some now that ownership is involved in the process.
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Falcons exec. Lionel Vital remains the “front runner” for the Buccaneers GM position.
- According to La Canfora, Vital is the most experienced of the candidates the Bucs have interviewed, and he was able to make a “strong impression” on new HC Lovie Smith.
- La Canfora adds that Vital’s knowledge of the NFC South is a plus as well.
Jason La Canfora reports that Cardinals executive Jason Licht had a “very impressive” interview with Buccaneers HC Lovie Smith regarding their GM position.
- La Canfora adds Licht is “very much in the mix” for the job along with Falcons exec. Lionel Vital and Redskins exec. Morocco Brown.
- Pro Football Talk reports that Falcons director of player personnel Lionel Vital will have a second interview with the Buccaneers regarding their GM position.
Ian Rapoport reports that the Buccaneers are set to interview Titans VP Lake Dawson and Falcons director of player personnel Lionel Vital on Saturday.
- Rapoport also reports that the Buccaneers will meet with Redskins personnel director Morocco Brown today regarding their GM position.
- Rapoport adds that the Buccaneers have requested permission to speak with Eagles executive Tom Gamble. (Update: 2:54 pm)
- Redskins GM Bruce Allen told Chris Russell of ESPN 980 that former Chargers GM A.J. Smith is being considered for an unspecified GM position, which could be either the Buccaneers or Dolphins. (Update: 1:54 pm)
Other candidates for the job include Packers executive Alonzo Highsmith and Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross.
Jason Cole reports that Falcons director of player personnel Lionel Vital may have the “inside track” for the Buccaneers GM position.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Buccaneers will also interview Titans VP Lake Dawson for their vacant GM position.
- Schefter adds that Packers executive Alonzo Highsmith is also being considered for the position as well.
Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports that Falcons director of player personnel Lionel Vital is a guy to watch with regards to the Buccaneers vacant GM position.
The Buccaneers were targeting Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard, but Breer reports that Ballard elected to remain in Kansas City.
Breer adds that Chiefs were prepared to grant Ballard permission to interview for the Bucs GM job, but Ballard reportedly didn’t want to move his family for the third time in the past few years.
Mike Garafolo reported Wednesday night that the Buccaneers have requested permission to speak to Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross for their vacant GM position as well.
We’ll have more updates as the news is available.