Home / Broncos / Falcons “Most Interested” In Supplemental Draft Prospect OT Isaiah Battle

Falcons “Most Interested” In Supplemental Draft Prospect OT Isaiah Battle

According to Mark Eckel of the Newark-Star Ledger, a personnel executive for one NFC team revealed that the Falcons are the “most interested” team in selecting Clemson OT Isaiah Battle in the NFL’s Supplemental Draft on July 9.

  • Battle will hold a Pro Day on July 7 at the University of Clemson, per Mike Huguenin.
  • Lance Zierlein of NFL.com mentions that the Broncos could use a future draft pick on Battle.
  • David Newton of ESPN believes it is “worth consideration” for the Panthers to use a supplemental draft pick on Battle.

I’ll be surprised if he’s not taken,” said the executive. “He’s worth a shot, for sure. It’s just a matter of how much is he worth to you.”

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports wrote last week that two NFL sources believe Battle could have third-round supplemental value.

Battle played 27 games at Clemson and started 16. Though he is projected as a left tackle, he has also appeared as a right tackle during his college career. Touting big size and mobility, Battle will most likely be the first player to be selected in the Supplemental Draft since Cleveland drafted WR Josh Gordon in 2012.

He’s got good range, moves well for a big man,” an AFC scout said. “He just needs to get stronger, both in the upper body and lower body. You watch his games last year and he was a lot better at the end of the season than he was at the beginning. There’s some upside there.”

Battle admitted that his decision to enter the Supplemental Draft was due to “family matters” that he needed to attend to. In fact, he said that he is expecting to have a child in the near future.

I have some family matters to address, with a child due this summer, and I feel it is in my best interest to enter the NFL Supplemental Draft,” Battle said. “I want to thank everyone at Clemson, especially Coach (Dabo) Swinney and the assistant coaches, for what they have done for me the last three years. I also want to thank my teammates. They have all had a big impact on my career.”

It is worth mentioning that Battle had his fair share of character issues while in college. He was suspended in 2013 for punching a player, and was suspended a second time last season for disciplinary reasons. Battle was also pulled over for speeding in early June and caught with marijuana. He received citations for both incidents, but wasn’t not charged or arrested in either case.

Battle joins West Georgia DE/OLB Darrius Caldwell, West Georgia DT Dalvon Stuckey and North Carolina Central WR Adrian Wilkins as this year’s applicants for the Supplemental Draft.