- Trotter mentions that the connection between Flowers and Falcons assistant GM Scott Pioli could be in play.
- Ian Rapoport confirms that the Falcons are a “team to watch” regarding Flowers as they have reportedly been “monitoring the situation” in the event he was released.
- Chris Wesseling of NFL.com points out that Flowers played his best seasons under Pioli, current Browns GM Ray Farmer, Steelers OC Todd Haley and Texas DC Romeo Crennel, so they could be options as well.
- John Clayton of ESPN mentions that he could see the Falcons, Jets, Panthers and 49ers all having interest in Flowers. (Update)
- Rich Cimini would be “surprised” if the Jets were interested in Flowers. (Update)
- Joe Person believes Flowers could end up being “too pricey” for the Panthers. (Update)
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN is “hearing” that the Titans are “assessing whether Brandon Flowers would fit.” (Update)
Flowers, 28, is coming off of a down season, but Trotter mentions that he expressed a desire to leave Kansas City last season after he was forced to play in the slot.
He has already put together a number of quality seasons in the NFL and should have plenty to offer a new team in the coming years. I’m sure he’ll have a decent market develop in the coming weeks.
Last year, Flowers appeared in 13 games and totaled 68 tackles, one sack, an interceptions and seven pass defenses for the Chiefs.
We have Flowers listed as the No. 1 player in our recently updated Top 50 – Best Available Free Agents list.