Free agent RB Reggie Bush mentioned on Thursday that two NFL teams have expressed interest in him. However, he still plans to take his time in securing another opportunity.
“I’ve received calls from two teams and just taking my time in this process,” Bush said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “I want to do it the right way.”
Bush added that he feels healthy and can be an asset to an NFL team in 2016.
“I feel healthy and can make an impact on the field,” Bush said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “I think I’ve benefited from playing in different offenses.”
Bush didn’t offer any specifics as to what teams had contacted him.
Bush is coming off of a torn MCL that he suffered after slipping on the exposed concrete at the Rams’ stadium in St. Louis.
Bush, 31, is a former first-round pick of the Saints back in 2006. He spent five years in New Orleans before being traded to the Dolphins in 2011. After two years with the Lions, Bush signed a one-year contract with the 49ers before his 2015 season came to an end after five games.
Last year, Bush appeared in five games and ran for 28 yards on eight carries (3.5 YPC) to go along with four receptions for 19 yards receiving and no touchdowns.