Free Agent S Tre Boston Says Cardinals Made Him “Very, Very Disrespectful” Offer

     

Free agent S Tre Boston mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio on Friday that it’s been a “rough” market for him the other available safeties this offseason.

“It’s kinda rough man, they got us where they think they want us,” Boston said. “For us, we have to communicate with each other so we don’t take this minimum wage.”

The Cardinals and Colts hosted Boston for free agent visits last month.

According to Boston, the Cardinals extended him a “very, very disrespectful” offer, despite showing serious interest.

They rolled out the red carpet for me but the offer was very, very disrespectful,” Boston said of Arizona.

As for the Colts, Boston said: “I didn’t meet with the GM, HC or DC. I was in the lunchroom for two hours. I even got to play basketball.

It’s been a slow market for safeties this offseason, despite some notable players such as Boston being available, so it shouldn’t come as a big surprise to hear that teams are offering players close to minimum salaries at his point.

Back in March, Boston said that the Cardinals, Raiders, Browns and Giants all showed initial interest in him, but he didn’t receive the kind of offers he was he was looking for at the time.

Boston, 25, is a former fourth-round pick of the Panthers back in 2014. He was in the final year of his four-year, $2,625,468 contract when the Panthers cut him last offseason.

Boston later caught on with the Chargers shortly after the 2017 draft and is currently testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent.

In 2017, Boston appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and recorded 79 tackles, five interceptions and eight pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 30 safety out of 87 qualifying players.

We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of