- Adam Schefter confirms that Johnson did, in fact, visit with the Titans on Tuesday.
- According to Schefter, it was just a “feel-out session.”
Berman doesn’t say if Johnson tried out for the team, but this would be the first reported interest in the veteran receiver since he became available several months ago.
Johnson previously mentioned that he has no plans to retire and is instead preparing for his next opportunity in the NFL.
“That hasn’t changed,” Johnson said back in April, via the Houston Chronicle. “I’m just training right now and just waiting for an opportunity. When that comes I’ll take advantage of it.”
“It’s always different being somewhere different, when you’ve been somewhere for 12 seasons,” Johnson said. “It is what it is. Things didn’t work out the way we wanted them to, but it happens. I understand. It’s part of the business and you just move forward.”
Johnson, 34, if a former first-round pick of the Texans back 2003. After 12 years with the Texans, Johnson signed a three-year, $21 million contract that included $10 million guaranteed with the Colts last March.
However, he was unfortunately cut loose in a move that freed up $5 million in available cap space for the Colts.
In 2015, Johnson appeared in all 16 games and recorded 41 receptions for 503 yards receiving and four touchdowns for the Colts. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 60 receiver out of 121 qualifying players.
We have him featured in our Best Available Free Agents list.