Home / NFL Rumors / Free Agent WR Cecil Shorts Says He Needs Another Surgery, Focusing On 2018 Return

Free Agent WR Cecil Shorts Says He Needs Another Surgery, Focusing On 2018 Return

Free agent WR Cecil Shorts mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio on Monday that he’ll need to undergo another surgical procedure on his injured knee and is focused on returning to the NFL in 2018.

“This season is out of the picture, still need one more surgery, 2018 is the goal right now,” Shorts said.

Shorts suffered a devastating knee injury last year in which he tore his ACL, MCL and PCL while also dislocating his knee.

Shorts, 29, is a former is a former fourth-round pick of the Jaguars back in 2011. He played out his rookie contract in Jacksonville before signing a two-year, $6 million contract with the Texans as an unrestricted free agent in 2015.

Houston ultimately elected to move on from Shorts coming out of the preseason last year and the Buccaneers later signed him to a one-year contract soon after.

Entering today’s game, Shorts appeared in nine games for the Buccaneers and caught 11 passes for 152 yards receiving and no touchdowns.

We’ll have more regarding Shorts’ return from injury as the news is available.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz