Now that we’ve made past the playoffs teams located at the back end of round one, it seems like a perfect spot for some of the quarterback like Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib to come off the board. The Jaguars lead things off tonight, with the Eagles and Jets selecting just a few spots behind them. Despite the fact this appears to make sense on paper, reports are suggesting that these teams could go in a different direction.
- Jason Cole reports that the be surprised to see either the Jaguars or the Jets take a QB in round two, even with Smith and Barkley available.
- Gil Brandt is hearing that the Jaguars are “leaning towards” taking Mississippi CB Johnathan Banks at No. 33 overall.
- Albert Breer reports that Jacksonville is expected to field offers for the first pick of round two, but believes a quarterback or FIU S Johnathan Cyprien “could be in play” for them.
- Tony Pauline and Manish Mehta expect the Jets to consider Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce.
Still, there’s some optimism that a quarterback will be taken in the early part of round two.
- Manish Mehta reports that Jets will take a “good, hard look” at Geno Smith today.
- Gil Brandt added that three quarterback go between picks 33-39, with the Eagles and Jets being the obvious teams.
We have the Jaguars and Jets both taking a quarterback in our new second-round Mock Draft.