Dan Graziano of ESPN.com breaks down the Giants players who finished the 2013 season injured reserve while offering his thoughts regarding their future with the team.
- Graziano writes that C David Baas and G Chris Snee could both be release candidates if they aren’t willing to accept a pay cut in the next few weeks. Graziano adds that Baas could end up being a June 1st release if the Giants elect to go this route.
- Even though the Giants need cornerback help and like Aaron Ross, Graziano believes they could consider healthier options in the free agent market.
- Stevie Brown recently mentioned that he and the Giants have begun preliminary talks regarding an extension and Graziano adds that the two sides should be able to reach a deal.
- Giants backup C Jim Cordle, who will be a restricted free agent, is likely to be retained, according to Graziano.
- Graziano believes CB Corey Webster, DT Shaun Rogers and FB Henry Hynoski aren’t likely to be back in New York.
David Wilson is the most intriguing player who ended up on the injured reserve list last year, as he will be coming back from a neck surgery and there is at least some question regarding his future in the league.
Graziano writes that there’s no way to count on him playing a meaningful role for the Giants next season.
It seems reasonable that the Giants would look to re-sign RB Andre Brown, who will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and possibly add another running back to their backfield.