- PFT adds that unless someone else get involved in the mix for Hardy, he’s likely to end up playing for the Cowboys in 2015.
- Jason La Canfora reports that Hardy is seeking over $6 million salary for the 2015 season.
- However, La Canfora adds that Hardy’s contract is likely to be heavy in incentives.
We’ll have more updates as the news is available.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter previously reported that the Cowboys are “undisputed favorite” to sign Hardy, but the Buccaneers have apparently done their best to remain in the mix for him.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Hardy is scheduled to take a physical with the Cowboys in the morning.
- Schefter adds that even though the Cowboys are the favorites for Hardy, the Buccaneers are not going away and are still in the hunt for him.
- The Cowboys announced Tuesday that Hardy will remain in Dallas over night before.
- Mike Garafolo adds that a deal still possible by Wednesday.
Rand Getlin confirms that Hardy does, in fact, have a visit lined up with the Buccaneers for some time this week.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that the Cowboys, Seahawks, and Buccaneers are the three teams that continue to come up as potential suitors for Hardy.
- Ian Rapoport mentions that although Hardy remains on the commissioner’s exempt list, he can still sign a contract with a new team, even though there is no resolution regarding potential discipline from the NFL.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter has confirmed that Hardy is visiting with the Cowboys, but there is no agreement in place between the two parties at this point in time.
- According to Schefter, negotiations are “ongoing” between the two parties.
Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan reported on Monday that the Cowboys were negotiating a contract with Hardy.
- Jason La Canfora “took the temperature” of some teams this past weekend and he came away with the Cowboys and Seahawks as the two teams who could emerge as serious suitors for Hardy.
- La Canfora added that it would still be surprising to see a team sign him before the NFL has ruled on potential discipline pertaining to his domestic violence incident.
- Dianna Marie Russini reported that sources in Dallas have said that the coaching staff has talked to Hardy’s old coaches to learn more about his character. So far, they reportedly like what they hear.
- Charles Robinson spoke to a league source on Monday who said that there’s “nothing imminent” between Cowboys and Hardy right now.
Interestingly enough, Peter King of MMQB.com suggested the Cowboys as one of the teams that would make sense for Hardy. King added that the Falcons, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Jaguars could also be good fits for him as well.
However, King reported that teams around the league believe there’s a “good chance” Hardy will be suspended for the first six games of the season.
According to Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report, the NFL continues to delay a ruling regarding his involvement in a domestic violence incident that was eventually settled out of court.
Cole mentions that the league will once again review the agreement today, which means there may not be an announcement until Wednesday.
Hardy, 26, wound up appearing in just one game and recorded four tackles, one sack, and a forced fumble before he was placed on the commissioners expect list.
Last year, the Panthers used their franchise tag on the defensive end, which paid him a salary of $13.116 million for the 2014 season. However, all indications are that Carolina has moved on and he won’t be back with the team.
We have Hardy listed as the No. 5 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.