Now that the busy NFL offseason is over, we are looking to expand our staff of writers in preparation for the 2014 regular season. The available positions are part-time and can offer compensation once you’ve displayed the ability to handle the position.
- The more writing and/or blogging experience the better. A journalism background would definitely be a positive for applicants, but at least some college experience is required.
- Writers are expected to create articles that offer readers a complete understanding of a given topic while placing an emphasis on substantial details and information.
- You would be covering breaking news, so it’s also very important for topics to be covered in timely fashion.
- Our writes follow a certain formatting for posts, so you would be required to tailor your articles to match other work posted on the site while limiting grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- You would be covering news feeds, which means being familiar with Twitter and other feed services is pretty important.
- A solid understanding of the NFL, all 32 teams and the different types of transactions that occur is an obvious, but important requirement.
- Our goal is to provide readers with insight and information that sheds light on what they can expect to see happen with players, teams and the NFL as a whole.
- It’s also very important that you show no bias towards to any team, but that should probably go without saying.
Days & Times
- We are primarily looking for writers who can contribute in the afternoons and into the evening Monday – Friday.
- We are also looking for weekend help as well, but the hours for Saturday and Sunday could start earlier in the day.
If you’re interested in possibly joining our staff, you can send us an email at [email protected] or use the contact option in the menu bar. Please include some information about yourself and how you meet the requirements listed. Also feel free to include writing examples that you may have and could help to illustrate your writing ability.
Depending on the number of applications, there is a chance we may not be able to get back to everyone, but we will try out best.