NFL Trade Rumors is looking to add a part-time writer to primarily cover weekend hours. This position is paid and could eventually lead to full-time employment.
Our dedicated staff follows a specific format for writing posts, so you will be trained to tailor your writing to match the look and feel of the content posted on our site. The articles you will write will focus primarily on roster movement and try to shed some light on what’s to come in the NFL.
- Prior writing and/or blogging experience is required with NFL aggregating experience being a big plus.
- Writers need to have extensive knowledge of the NFL and all 32 teams, as well as the different types of transactions that occur.
- Writers must have the ability to analyze articles and produce quality content summarizing the given information.
- Social media experience is required. You will be covering news feeds, so an in-depth understanding of Twitter and Tweetdeck is a must.
- Familiarity with WordPress is preferred.
- We cover breaking news; writers must, therefore, be able to cover topics in a timely fashion.
- Some college experience is preferred, but we require at least a high school degree.
- It should go without saying, but it’s important that applicants show no bias toward a particular team.
If you’re interested in joining our staff, email us at [email protected].
Please attach your resume and two writing samples. Also, include some background information about yourself and discuss how you meet the requirements listed above. Employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a training period.
Depending on the number of applications, there is a chance we may not be able to get back to everyone, but we will try our best.