- According to Maske, the Jets could be a possibility if they can’t swing a trade for 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick or re-sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- Jason La Canfora reports that it’s only a matter of time before Hoyer moves on from Texans. According to La Canfora, there are “several” teams interested in him right now.
- Aaron Wilson confirms that the Texans are looking into trade scenarios involving Hoyer, but nothing is imminent as of now.
- Earlier in the day, Rapoport mentioned that Hoyer could be someone to watch for the Broncos to replace Brock Osweiler.
- According to Rapoport, the Texans are expected to part ways with Hoyer at some point, and the possibility at least exists that they could trade him.
Hoyer, 30, signed a two-year, $10.5 million contract that included $4.75 million guaranteed with the Texans last year. He’ll make a base salary of $5.25 million in 2016.
In 2015, Hoyer appeared in 11 games and accumulated 2,606 passing yards, 19 touchdowns, one interception and completed 60.7 percent of his passes. Pro Football Focus rated Hoyer as the No. 31 quarterback out of 38 qualifying players.
We’ll have more regarding a potential Hoyer trade as the news is available.