Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post is reporting that the the Week 12 match up between the Bills and Jets will be played on Monday in Detroit at 7 pm.
- This news fits with a previous report from Dianna Marie Russini of NBC Washington.
- Mike Garafolo reports that CBS will carry this game in the Buffalo and New York markets.
- The Bills will be allowed to practice at the Lions’ facility on Friday, according to Jason La Canfora.
The Bills-Jets game scheduled for Sunday afternoon will officially not be played at that time in Buffalo.
“Due to public safety concerns and ongoing weather emergency, Sunday’s Jets-Bills game will not be played in Buffalo.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, the most likely scenario is for the game to be played on Monday at a different stadium, as this would allow the Bills to practice.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the NFL is in talks with Ford Field and the Meadowlands about hosting the game.
- Pro Football Talk is reporting that Washington and Pittsburgh are not in play.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Bills are preparing for Week 12’s game to be moved to Monday and played in either Detroit, Pittsburgh or Washington.
A source tells Schefter that he can forget about the Bills hosting Sunday’s game in Buffalo as they “will be hard pressed to get stadium ready for the next home game (Sun. Nov. 30 vs Browns).”
According to Schefter, football is a secondary issue for the city of Buffalo as they are currently concerned about getting people food, possible collapsing roofs, and other life-threatening issues.
The Bills posted some incredible photos of what the conditions are right now at Ralph Wilson stadium.
— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) November 20, 2014
We’ll have more updates posted as the news is available.
According to Jason La Canfora, it sounds like there is “no way” the Jets-Bills Week 12 match up will be played in Buffalo on Sunday.
According to La Canfora, the game could moved to Monday or Tuesday and possibly to the Meadowlands.
- Pro Football Talk reports that the game could be moved to Detroit, Toronto, or New Jersey.
Earlier in the day, Buffalo governor Andrew Cuomo referred to the Jets and Bills playing their Week 12 game on Sunday “impractical,” per Adam Schefter.
Buffalo has been hit with several feet of snow and received even more last night, which has prevented the Bills from taking the practice field. As of now, a travel ban in the area remains in effect.
Moving this game seems very possible at this point in time.