- Rich Cimini of ESPN is hearing that Bowles’ four-year contract is worth at least $16 million.
- Bowles texted ESPN’s Josina Anderson: “Im taking the Jets job.”
Jason La Canfora reports that the agreement is be finalized and announced at some point in the near future.
- Albert Breer reports that former Bills HC Chan Gailey is a “strong possibility” for the Jets offensive coordinator position.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN suggests Dolphins DL coach Kacy Rodgers as a probable target for the Jets defensive coordinator position.
- Ian Rapoport mentions that Cardinals LBs coach Mike Caldwell could be the team’s defensive coordinator.
All indications were that the Jets were ready to make Bowles their head coach after he decided to switch his schedule and meet with them instead of the Falcons.
According to Mike Garafolo, Bowles is intrigued by what he could do with the Jets’ young talent up front on the defensive side of the ball.
Breer mentions that the Jets liked Bowles’ leadership, ability to relate to players, and the flexibility he’s shown with his personnel.
It’s hard to blame Bowles for being intrigued by the young talent in their defensive front-seven. He has done an incredible job with less in Arizona and has shown the ability to develop players, which fits with the new Jets GM Mike Maccagnan’s approach to building the roster.