Home / Jets / Jets “Open For Business” In Regards To Trading Back In Round 1 For More Picks

Jets “Open For Business” In Regards To Trading Back In Round 1 For More Picks

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan mentioned that they are “open for business” when it comes to trading back in round one for more picks in this year’s draft.

We’re open for business in every round,” Maccagnan told reporters Thursday, via Rich Cimini of ESPN. “If somebody wants to move up in any round and we have a pick in that round, call us up.”

“We would like to move back and acquire more picks in this draft if possible,” Maccagnan said.

New York currently has the No. 6 overall pick, but they’ve made it clear in recent days that they’re going into full rebuild mode, as they’ve cut several veteran players and picked up over $30 million of cap space in the process.

In fact, Rich Cimini of ESPN reported earlier in the day that Marcus Gilchrist, S Calvin Pryor, WR Eric Decker, CB Buster Skrine and DL Sheldon Richardson are also in danger of losing their roster spots, so even more changes could be coming to the team’s roster.

With this in mind, it would make sense for the Jets to bolster their draft picks and continue building through the draft.

The good news is that this year’s draft class is considered to be pretty deep at a number of positions, which could really help the Jets reestablish a long-term foundation.

We’ll have more regarding the Jets possibly trading back in this year’s draft as the news is available.