The Detroit Lions announced Friday that they’ve signed five draft picks including first-round C Frank Ragnow, second-round RB Kerryon Johnson, fourth-round DL Da’Shawn Hand, fifth-round OT Tyrell Crosby and seventh-round FB Nick Bawden to four-year contracts.
The Lions also signed 16 undrafted free agents including:
- Al-Rasheed Benton/LB/West Virginia
- Amari Coleman/CB/Central Michigan
- Antwuan Davis/CB/Texas
- Josh Fatu/DT/Southern California
- Mike Ford/CB/Southeast Missouri
- DeAndre Goolsby/TE/Florida
- Chris Jones/CB/Nebraska
- Kyle Lewis/WR/Cal Poly
- Chad Meredith/LB/Southeast Missouri
- John Montelus/OL/Virginia
- Beau Nunn/OL/Appalachian State
- Brandon Powell/WR/Florida
- Teo Redding/WR/Bowling Green
- Ryan Santoso/P/Minnesota
- Anthony Sherrils/S/Missouri
- JoJo Wicker/DL/Arizona State
Ragnow, 21, was taken with the No. 20 overall pick in this year’s NFL Draft by the Lions. According to OverTheCap.com, he received an $11,780,138 contract that includes a $6,647,372 signing bonus.
The contract includes a fifth-year option for the Lions to pick up in 2021. It’s worth mentioning that the fifth-year option is only guaranteed for injury and won’t prevent the two parties from working on a long-term extension.
During his three-year college career at Arkansas, Ragnow was named to the Phil Steele All–America fourth team and All-SEC first team in 2016, AP All-SEC second time in 2016, the Athlon Sports Preseason All-SEC first team and All-American first team in 2017, and Lindy’s Sports preseason All-America first team in 2017.