Home / Bills / Long-Term Concern For Bills S Aaron Williams Following Latest Neck Injury

Long-Term Concern For Bills S Aaron Williams Following Latest Neck Injury

Update:

Bills S Aaron Williams‘ father told the Associated Press that his son will wait until the offseason to determine whether he will continue his NFL career after sustaining his second severe neck injury in as many seasons.

Williams’ father said his son will “make the best decision that’s right for him.”

———-

Bills HC Rex Ryan admitted that there could still be some long-term concerns for S Aaron Williams after he took a brutal hit from Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry and was later transported to a hospital.

“Yeah I think so,” said Ryan said Thursday, via BuffaloBills.com. “I don’t think there’s any doubt that there are some long-term concerns there.”

Ryan indicated that Williams is more likely week to week right now than day to day thing but he didn’t offer a specific timetable for his return.

Williams previously underwent neck fusion surgery this past offseason, so any injury to his neck or spine is a major concern.

Williams’ father told the Associated Press (per Adam Schefter) that his son intends to wait until the offseason to determine whether to keep playing football following his latest neck injury.

Williams, 29, is a former second-round pick of the Bills back in 2011. He’s currently in the third year of his five-year, $26,077,844 million contract that includes $14.625 million guaranteed and stands to make a base salary of $3.6 million for the 2016 season.

This season, Williams had appeared in seven games and recorded 20 tackles, a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown and five pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 48 safety out of 85 qualifying players.

We’ll have more regarding Williams and his injury as the news is available.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz