- ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweets that the Cleveland Browns have released QB Jake Delhomme. Schefter notes that Delhomme would like to continue playing. The Broncos could be a possibility once Orton is traded.
- Adam Schefter also reports that the Seattle Seahawks have in fact signed G Robert Gallery. We speculated earlier that this was a logical move for the Seahawks.
- The New York Giants have added another year to head coach Tom Coughlin’s contract which is likely a move to remove the pressure of being a lame duck coach heading into the upcoming season. Depending on how the Giants do in 2011, Coughlin could still be released following the season.
- ESPN’s John Clayton is now on twitter and is already providing great information. Clayton mentions that the Falcons cannot afford to lose OT Tyson Clabo and have him higher on their priority list than DE Ray Edwards.
- Jason La Canfora adds that Willie Colon could be a contingency option for Atlanta if they miss out on Clabo as the Bills are also negotiating with him.
- Clayton also tweets that the market for Seahawks DT Brandon Mebane includes the Broncos, Saints and Seahawks. There were a number of teams rumored to be interested in Mebane so this market could expand but I trust that the professor is correct.
- Moore tweets that he is returning to New Orleans on a five-year deal. Drew Bree’s lobbied for Moore’s return to the team as recent as last weekend.
- John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Houston Texans have re-signed QB Matt Leinart. This is interesting because it was reported yesterday that he had signed with the Seahawks.