- Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys DT David Irving, who wasn’t in attendance for OTAs due to off-the-field issues, is expected to participate in mandatory minicamp.
- Rapoport adds that G Zack Martin should also take part in minicamp and his new six-year extension will be finalized soon.
- Regarding his contract extension that will make him the highest-paid guard in the NFL, Martin said: “My agents and I that’s what we were shooting for. It’s a huge honor. That will probably get beat by someone…that’s how it works. Whenever we lock this in very excited to get it over with and move past.” (Kate Hairopoulos)
- Cowboys LT Tyron Smith has been dealing with a minor shoulder injury that kept him out of team drills during final few OTAs but Jason Garrett said Smith will practice in full once minicamp opens. (Todd Archer)
- New Cowboys WR Deonte Thompson has been dealing with Achilles and shoulder injuries, according to Garrett. (Brandon George)
- Jane Slater reports that Cowboys rookie LB Leighton Vander Esch tweaked his right ankle last week, but the team doesn’t believe it’s a big deal.
“Just him being focused, coming in, knowing he’s the guy, knowing he’s the guy that’s going to step up there and just put everything on his back and ride with him,” Staley said, via PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
- Eagles CB Sidney Jones said he’ll return to practice for the start of training camp. Jones said he’s dealing with “soreness” but didn’t specify beyond that. (Jeff McLane)
- The Eagles have hired Titans assistant trainer Jerome Reid as their new head trainer. (Cameron Wolfe)
“Even though it wasn’t really something that was on my mind you just had to keep answering questions about it,’’ Manning said, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “It’s not something I discussed with people, but for whatever reason it becomes an issue. I didn’t harp on it, I didn’t worry about it, but the fact that it was in the papers or you had to answer about it, it can become a hassle.
“Hopefully, obviously everything with Odell and that, whether it gets solved or whatever, it’s something that you don’t have to keep answering about it.’
- Josina Anderson reports that there was a discussion on Monday in which the Giants announced that Odell Beckham Jr. has been medically cleared to participate in minicamp.
- The Giants reportedly conveyed hope that Beckham would take some team reps this week, but Anderson‘s understanding is that his preference has been to try and safely avoid team reps at this point in time.
- Kimberly Jones asked Giants HC Pat Shurmur about the notion that Beckham Jr declined to participate in team drills, despite being cleared and asked to do so to which Shurmur said: “Totally not true.”
- According to Anderson, Giants S Landon Collins is not expected to do team drills today either.