- Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Cowboys have spoken to the Seahawks multiple times about a potential trade for veteran S Earl Thomas, including during the draft, but haven’t come to an agreement.
- George says that the Cowboys are currently in “wait and see mode” right now in regards to Thomas, who skipped Seattle’s mandatory minicamp.
- According to George, the dance between the Cowboys and Seahawks regarding Thomas will likely continue into training camp next month.
Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com breaks down the Eagles roster long shots, bubble players, wildcards and locks to make the team.
- Some notable players projected to be on the bubble, according to Shorr-Parks, include: CB De’vante Bausby, RB Matt Jones, RB Donnel Pumphrey, G Chance Warmack, TE Richard Rodgers, QB Nate Sudfeld, OL Isaac Seumalo, WR Markus Wheaton, and RB Josh Adams.
- As for the wildcards worth watching this summer, Shorr-Parks lists CB Ronald Darby, S Chris Maragos, rookie DL Josh Sweat and QB Nick Foles.
Giants rookie QB Kyle Lauletta says that while people want to make things out to be a big competition between him and Davis Webb for the backup job, that’s not how people on the team are looking at the situation.
“Everybody wants to make it some big competition: Me and him competing,” Lauletta said, via NJ.com. “Nobody (on the team) looks at it like that. You do what you can. Everybody wants to be out there on Sundays, but the best guys are going to do it.”
“Me and Davis are good friends,” Lauletta said. “We’re the same age (23). He did four years in college and I did five. He’s kind of experienced a lot of what I have as a similar-round draft pick in a similar situation. I kind of lean on him for like ‘Hey, how does this work? How does that work?’ He’s always helpful.”