- Cowboys DE Randy Gregory (concussion) has been cleared to practice and took part in Friday’s session for the first time since suffering a concussion in the second quarter of their Week 1’s game against the Panthers. (Brandon George)
- However, the Cowboys list Gregory as doubtful for Week 2’s game against the Giants and have ruled out C Travis Frederick (illness), DT Datone Jones (knee) and S Xavier Woods (hamstring).
During Thursday’s broadcast, NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth mentioned that Eagles DE Michael Bennett is not happy being a backup defensive lineman.
“Word is Michael Bennett is none too happy with being a backup,” Collinsworth said. “Eight and a half sacks. He brings over three straight Pro Bowls. You can understand.”
However, HC Doug Pederson said he hadn’t heard anything about concerns involving Bennett Jimmy Kempski reports that the Eagles approached Bennett Friday to ask if there was any validity to the talk and he said it was news to him.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said Friday that RB Darren Sproles has a minor hamstring injury.
- The Eagles officially ruled out WR Alshon Jeffery (shoulder), RB Darren Sproles (hamstring), and QB Carson Wentz (knee) for Week 2’s game and have WR Shelton Gibson (knee) down as questionable.
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur announced that OLB Olivier Vernon (ankle) is out for Sunday’s game, but he hasn’t suffered any setbacks and they’re hopeful he can return in Week 3.
- The Giants have list LB Tae Davis (hamstring) as questionable for Week 2.