- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Monday that he still has confidence in OC Scott Linehan and he will remain the play caller. (Clarence Hill)
- Regarding LB Sean Lee, who is expected to miss some time with a hamstring injury, Garrett said he was in for treatment today and there’s currently no timetable for him. (Jon Machota)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said Monday that RBs Jay Ajayi and Darren Sproles are still day to day, but he expects both of them back this Sunday, barring any setbacks. (Jeff McLane)
- Pederson said they’re still evaluating S Rodney McCleod and his status for Week 4: “We’re still honestly evaluating him today [and] probably tomorrow. I’ll probably have a better update for you on Wednesday quite honestly. He’s still being evaluated.” (Mike Kaye)
“It’s probably more about Chad and less about Ereck,” Shurmur said, via the New York Post. “I just felt it was the time for Chad to get an opportunity to play. A couple of times he got beat, but Chad fought his way through it. We’ll see where we go from here.”
- Erin Hawksworth of 106.7 The Fan reports that Redskins LT Trent Williams will undergo a “very minor procedure” on the same knee that he had surgery on this offseason.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden confirmed that Williams is undergoing bursa sac surgery, but he should be ok for their game against the Saints. (JP Finlay)
- According to Gruden, Redskins RB Adrian Peterson has an ankle sprain but they expect him back for their game against the Saints. (JP Finlay)