- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said during an interview with 105.3 The Fan on Friday was asked if there are trade talks ongoing that could improve the team this year: “Not really. You’re always conversing, talking. That goes on in every industry. You’re always looking.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence said he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that he has been playing through it for two years. According to Lawrence, he’ll consider having surgery to repair the issue this offseason, but he feels much better after experiencing a lot of pain last week. (Brandon George)
The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled out LB Sean Lee (hamstring) and LB Joe Thomas (foot) with CB Chidobe Awuzie (ankle), WR Brice Butler (groin), DT Maliek Collins (knee), DE Randy Gregory (knee), DE Demarcus Lawrence (shoulder), and WR Deonte Thompson (hamstring) being listed as questionable for Week 6.
Eagles RB Corey Clement says he spoke to GM Howie Roseman before the game and told him they don’t need to trade for a running back.
“This game was definitely a test for us, to see do we need to get somebody,” Clement said, via Philly.com. “I talked to Howie [Roseman] before the game — you have to have confidence in our room … We don’t need to look on the outside, we know what we have on our team … I definitely told him that. He said, ‘Make me believe that we don’t need a back.‘”
Giants QB Eli Manning told reporters after the game that he hasn’t lost confidence in his play or teammates.
“My confidence in myself is good. I know I can play,” Manning said, via NFL.com. “I just have to figure out how to be more consistent and be better on offense.”
“Obviously not where we want to be. I’m not happy about it,” Manning said. “I am frustrated like everyone. Obviously, all you can do is worry about the next game. That is the way football works. Watch this game, learn from it, see what we can do better, work on it and get ready to play next Monday night in Atlanta.”
- Following Sunday’s game, Giants HC Pat Shurmur was asked if he’s concerned about Manning: “I’m not concerned about Eli Manning…like I said none of us did anything well enough to win tonight.“
- Shurmur was asked Friday if they could bench Manning: “No. We believe in Eli.” (Art Stapleton)
- When asked about the possibility of playing rookie QB Kyle Lauletta at some point if this season, Shurmur said: “We’re not talking about a quarterback change yet.” (Ralph Vacchiano)