“Because I’ve seen him do the things that give you long-term promise for a quarterback,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s extraordinarily diligent in his preparation. He carries preparation as good as anybody I’ve ever seen from the classroom to the practice field. And then from the practice field to the game. That’s a huge ingredient when it comes to the quarterback. He needs to be able to, frankly, outwork everybody. And he does.”
- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said they wouldn’t hesitate to make a trade they felt helped them improve their roster: “We obviously have places on our team that we could be better and would like to improve. If the right opportunity presented itself and we could get on the page with another team, we certainly wouldn’t hesitate to make a move.” (Jon Machota)
- Todd Archer reports that after getting a second opinion, Cowboys WR Tavon Austin will not undergo surgery for a groin injury at this time but he is expected to miss multiple weeks.
- According to Archer, placing Austin on injured reserve could still be an option for the Cowboys, but they’re at least keeping their options open.
- Cowboys LB Sean Lee said he is ready to go for Sunday’s game against the Redskins after going through two full practices and no longer being listed on the injury report. (Todd Archer)
- The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled out WR Tavon Austin (groin) and LB Joe Thomas (foot) for Week 7 and have CB Chidobe Awuzie (ankle) listed as questionable.
- The Philadelphia Eagles officially ruled out LB D.J. Alexander (quadricep), LB Nathan Gerry (ankle, knee), S Corey Graham (hamstring), CB Sidney Jones (hamstring), and RB Darren Sproles (hamstring) for Week 7’s game and have DT Haloti Ngata (calf) down as questionable.
Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr said Friday that everyone on the team needs to raise their game including himself.
“I think that we’re 1-5 and we need to start winning games,” Beckham said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. “Everybody’s got to pick it up. I need to play better. I can’t say that I’ve had my best games. I can’t say I’ve done enough. … We win games together, we lose games together.”
Beckham was also asked whether he thinks Eli Manning can turn things around.
“You gotta ask him,” Beckham said. “I tell him every time we get in the huddle, ‘Take me home, 10.’ Which to me carries weight because he’s been there. He knows how to win. He knows what he’s doing, he’s the most prepared of anyone I’ve ever seen.”
- The Washington Redskins announced Friday that WR Jamison Crowder (ankle) is out for Sunday’s game against the Cowboys and WR Paul Richardson Jr. (shoulder/knee) and S Troy Apke (hamstring) are doubtful.
- Washington also lists CB Quinton Dunbar (shin), CB Danny Johnson (forearm), G Shawn Lauvao (calf), RB Adrian Peterson (shoulder, ankle), and RB Chris Thompson (rib, knee) as questionable.