- Ian Rapoport reports that Ezekiel Elliott will be at the Cowboys’ facility on Monday after six weeks away from the team while serving his suspension.
- Rapoport says that Elliott has lost some weight and been taking part in six weeks of intense training as he works his way back.
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media expects Eagles TE Trey Burton to sign a “significant deal” as a free agent this offseason.
- Garafolo points out that the tight end free agent market is by no means stacked next year and Burton could very well end up being one of the biggest beneficiaries.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Giants are likely to keep Eli Manning in place as their starting quarterback moving forward, given that interim HC Steve Spagnuolo is still trying to get the full-time job.
- According to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and executive Nick Caserio will be considered heavily by the Giants for their vacancies.
- Volin points out that while the Giants may not be as attractive on paper, considering the questions regarding the quarterback position, it’s still viewed as a premier organization in the country’s biggest market.
- Beyond that, the Giants have HC Bill Belichick’s blessing, so this is a situation to watch for McDaniels and Caserio.
- Michael Lombardi wonders if the news that Marvin Lewis will not be returning to the Bengals next season surfacing today could be an indication that Lewis wants to throw his hat into the ring for the Giants’ GM position.
- Lombardi notes that Lewis and John Mara have worked closely on the competition committee.