- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said that WR Terrance Williams was working on the side of Thursday’s practice with a foot injury. (Calvin Watkins)
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he expects DT David Irving to play against the Texans on Sunday. (Brandon George)
- David Moore reports that Cowboys DE Randy Gregory’s absence from practice was part of a scheduled session to fulfill the requirements of his treatment plan. Gregory went to Chicago and is expected to be back with the team Thursday afternoon and practice on Friday.
Eagles QB Carson Wentz explained that he feels great physically while adding “he knee thing is behind me.”
“Personally, I feel good where I’m at as far as processing and in-game speed, and even being comfortable with the guys out there. So, I feel good where I’m at as far as seeing all that stuff,” Wentz said, Paul Domowitch of Philly.com.
“And physically, I feel great. I feel I’m picking up [where I left off] on the field last year. To me, the knee thing is behind me, and now we’re going forward.”
As for the team’s 2-2 start, Wentz stressed that they’ll be fine.
“The sky isn’t falling,” Wentz said. “We’re 2-2 right now. Would love to be 4-0, but this is just where we’re at.
“We’re a month in. Still trying to figure out 100 percent who we are. But at the same time, we know the guys we have. And we know what we’re capable of doing.”
- Redskins WR Josh Doctson missed Wednesday’s practice after the team elected to have his heel examined after it was “stepped on.” (John Keim)
- Doctson is considered day to day with a bruised heel, but missed Thursday’s practice.
- Redskins RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday. (JP Finlay)