- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Monday that they will see if DT David Irving will be ready to play against the Texans.
- According to Jones, LB Sean Lee is a long shot to return this week and DE Demarcus Lawrence (ribs) is a little beat up, but is fine. (Jori Epstein)
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said RB Ezekiel Elliott is “banged up a little bit” but they’re optimistic he’ll be able to practice this week. (Jon Machota)
- Garrett said that WR Terrance Williams is working through some off the field issues and is expected to be back with the team tomorrow. (Jon Machota)
Giants WR Odell Beckham told reporters after Sunday’s game that it “shouldn’t be this hard” to get things going offensively.
“I’m doing everything I can,” Beckham said, via NJ.com. “I put my all into this. I have sacrificed everything, especially coming into this year. I have sacrificed and made personal changes, doing all I can to be the best teammate and bring everything that I can every Sunday. It’s disappointing when you have to leave like this. You work way too hard five or six days a week for 60 minutes of football. I hate to get out there and waste those 60 minutes.”
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur is “optimistic” that OLB Olivier Vernon will return this week after missing the first four games of the season with an ankle injury. (Jordan Raanan)
- Shurmur mentioned that RB Jonathan Stewart could be a candidate to return from injured reserve later on in the season. (Ryan Dunleavy)
- Giants TE Evan Engram (MCL) was spotted with a large brace on his right knee Monday. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said Monday that everything went well with LT Trent Williams‘ knee surgery and he expects him to practice later this week. (JP Finlay)
- Redskins RT Morgan Moses is no longer in the concussion protocol. (JP Finlay)
- Redskins RB Adrian Peterson, who did not practice on Monday because of a sprained right ankle, said he’s confident he’ll play against the Saints: “I’ll be ready to roll.” (John Keim)