“[Elliott’s] been much more vocal,” Brown said, via the Dallas Morning News. “It’s good for him. He’s in his third year. Coming out here being a more vocal leader, not just a leader by what he does on the football field, I think that’s really good for him and really good for our football team.”
Elliott acknowledged as much and said he’s trying to do what he can to help the younger players.
“It’s definitely something I’ve been thinking about,” Elliott said. “It seems like I was just a rookie not too long ago. I’m just trying to do my best to bring these rookies along and show them the way.”
“I’m excited for this year,” Elliott added. “I have high expectations for myself.”
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY write that all indications that Odell Beckham Jr.’s recovery from ankle surgery is going “extremely well.“
- According to Vacchiano’s Beckham’s return from an ankle injury is one of the reasons contract negotiations with the Giants haven’t started.
- Of course, there are other issues such as Beckham’s asking price but Vacchiano guesses that negotiations will take place sometime during the season.
- Vacchiano writes that Ereck Flowers “seems pretty entrenched as the starting right tackle” right now.
- Vacchiano notes that Flowers has taken every snap at right tackle that he’s seen during offseason workouts up to this point.
- Vacchiano would be “shocked” to see Giants bring in a veteran at some point to compete with Flowers.
Rich Tandler of NBC Washington takes a look at and ranks the Redskins’ biggest roster moves this offseason including: