- David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports that Cowboys DT David Irving’s absence from the team is due to an ongoing custody dispute over his 5-year old daughter.
- According to Moore, Irving’s daughter, Zoe, was picked up at school last Friday by his ex-girlfriend, Angela Sanchez and she is still with Sanchez, even though Irving has primary custody.
- Irving was served with a restraining order by Sanchez as she sought to regain custody of their daughter.
- Irving did, however, return to practice on Thursday.
“No,” Jones said. “I think we’re all coaching to win football games, we’re all managing to win football games, we’re all playing to win football games. We’re not worried about jobs right now.”
- Breer asked a Cowboys’ player if OC Scott Linehan has lost the room, and they texted back: “Not yet, but he better tighten up.”
On Thursday, Cowboys QB Dak Prescott said that he and WR Allen Hurns addressed the receivers recent comments about the team’s playcalling and added that things are “great” between them.
“I don’t worry about the locker room splitting,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “We have great leadership, great men in this locker room. With all of that being said, any time anything comes up and it’s even a hint that it could serve as that, we address it immediately.”