Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com takes a look at some available free agents and whether or not they could be fits for the Eagles.
- Dez Bryant has said that he wants to play for an NFC East team, but Shorr-Parks that the Eagles don’t him after bringing Mike Wallace and Markus Wheaton this offseason.
- Other free agents Shorr-Parks doesn’t view as fits for the Eagles include LB Brian Cushing, RB DeMarco Murray, and TE Julius Thomas.
- Depending on injuries and other factors that could impact the team’s starting lineup, Shorr-Parks lists WR Jeremy Maclin, LB Lawrence Timmons, DT Johnathan Hankins, S Eric Reid, S Tre Boston, CB Bashaud Breeland and S Kenny Vaccaro as some free agents who could make sense for the Eagles to consider.
- We have a number of these free agents featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Josina Anderson explained on SportsCenter that Odell Beckham‘s decision to report to the team for voluntary workouts is “building the pressure” and shifting the narrative from the off-the-field concerns involving Beckham to when will New York sign him to a long-term extension.
- Anderson points out that some other notable receivers from the 2014 draft class have already been paid big money including Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry.
- Anderson says it’s her understanding that the Giants want to see Beckham on the field and how he looks after suffering a season-ending injury last year before paying him. However, she mentions Beckham would likely want an extension before the start of the regular season after suffering a serious injury last year.
- JP Finlay of CSN Washington takes a look at five tough contract decisions the Redskins will face with some upcoming free agents.
- Finlay’s list includes OLB Preston Smith, WR Jamison Crowder, DL Anthony Lanier, QB Colt McCoy and OT Ty Nsekhe.
- Finlay adds that some other players on expiring contracts worth watching for Washington include DL Ziggy Hood, LB Martrell Spaight and RB Rob Kelley.