Aaron Rodgers/Mike McCarthy
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said that he has a “great relationship” with HC Mike McCarthy, despite his recent comments that hinted at some frustration.
“Mike and I talk all the time. We have a great relationship,” Rodgers said, via PackersNews.com. “There’s always been great communication between us. Even if there is things that we need to talk about that are tough subjects, we’ve never had a problem finding time and talking. That’s the way it’s been for 10-plus years. Communication is the basis for a good relationship, wouldn’t you say? I think it is. For any relationship, it starts with good communication and being able to be honest with each other and then hug it out afterwards.”
“There’s frustration in this business,” Rodgers said, “and that’s what Mike always says, ‘Conflict is good.’”
Rodgers admitted that they need to execute better as an offensive and that includes himself.
“I’m always going to hold myself and this offense to a higher standard,” Rodgers said. “I’ve got to play better, and we’ve got to play better, because last week was unacceptable. We put the ball on the ground too many times, threw an interception. We’ve got to play better.”
- McCarthy said of Rodgers and the issues from Sunday’s post-game: “We meet regularly, and I think that’s the most important thing. I addressed everything I think I needed to address on Monday.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Packers DL Muhammad Wilkerson underwent successful surgery on Tuesday for a fractured ankle. The good news for Wilkerson, according to Rapoport, is that Dr. Robert Anderson informed him he’d make a full recovery, which is great news considering that there was some question about how it would affect his career.
- McCarthy said that WR Randall Cobb (hamstring) will work in the rehab group today and WR Geronimo Allison is still in the concussion protocol.
- McCarthy mentioned that Marquez Valdes-Scantling and the other rookie receivers will “have a role” and he has “great confidence” in them. (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers WR Davante Adams put in a limited practice on Wednesday due to a calf injury.
- The Packers worked out LB Josh Carraway and LB Aaron Wallace on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)
Vikings C Nick Easton, who is set to be an unrestricted free agent, said he would like to re-sign with Minnesota this offseason.
“Of course,” said Easton regarding the possibility of re-signing, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.
Easton added that he is recovering from neck surgery from August 9 and believes his herniated disc was a result of an “accumulation” of injuries.
“It basically wasn’t a one-event injury. It was an accumulation, so I couldn’t tell you exactly how it happened.”