Former Bears first-round WR Kevin White told reporters that he believes in himself even if the same can’t be said for the team.
“I’m motivated every single day, with or without the option. … Don’t know [if the Bears believe in me],” White said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “Really doesn’t bother me at all. I believe in myself.”
The Bears declined to pick up White’s fifth-year option this offseason (NFLTR), which leaves him in a contract year.
- Lions HC Matt Patricia told reporters on Thursday that no decision has been made regarding what position first-round pick Frank Ragnow will play.
- Dave Birkett notes that Ragnow has been taking some snaps at left guard so far in OTAs.
- According to Kyle Meinke, the top two running backs during Lions’ practice on Wednesday were clearly LeGarrette Blount and rookie Kerryon Johnson. Meinke adds that Blount and Johnson led every drill and 7-on-7 session that he saw.
- The Packers brought in free agent TE Marcedes Lewis for a visit on Thursday and signed him to a contract. (NFLTR)
- Jenna Laine reports that the Packers are hiring former Buccaneers and Bengals DL coach Jay Hayes as a defensive consultant.