Bears G Kyle Long said Tuesday that he had procedures on his neck, shoulder and elbow this offseason, but he should have no limitations once the season is underway.
“If it were up to me, I’d be full go right now,” Long said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “I feel as if I am. But there’s certain things that are time-sensitive that we have to follow a certain timeline with, the neck being one of them. As you know it’s not something you wanna take lightly. We’re gonna take all the time we need, but there will be no limitations once the season rolls around.”
Lions GM Bob Quinn said last week that no talks have taken place with WR Golden Tate regarding a long-term extension up to this point. However, Quinn added that it’s possible that talks could pick up this summer.
“I think all those things in my time here have happened in the summer,” Quinn said, via the Detroit Free Press. “I think our concentration and our focus right now is on the draft. Things that come down the road after that, they’ll come and go and we’ll talk through it.”
- According to Rob Demovsky, indications are that the Packers are more likely to move on from G Jahri Evans, who’s currently a free agent and mulling his future, even if he plans to return for the 2018 season.
- Demovsky says Green Bay has a “ready-made replacement” for Evans in Justin McCray.
- We have Evans featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Ben Goessling reports that the Vikings signed WR Kendall Wright to a one-year contract worth $1 million with $400,000 guaranteed.
- According to Goessling, Wright’s 2018 compensation breaks down to an $800,000 base salary, a $100,000 signing bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus.