Bears HC Matt Nagy mentioned that they plan to build on Khalil Mack‘s usage from last week after limiting him a bit in the season opener.
“We really didn’t know exactly where he was going to be,” Nagy said, via the Chicago Tribune. “You saw how well he could play and what his motor was like. He told us what his motor was like, but we weren’t sure. Then we saw it. Now we’re hoping we can keep growing from that. As long as he feels good, let’s go.”
- Lions DE Ziggy Ansah (shoulder) says he’s optimistic he’ll be able to play against the 49ers on Sunday. (Tim Twentyman)
- Detriot officially lists OT Andrew Donnal (knee) and G T.J. Lang (back) as out for Week 2 with Ansah and RB LeGarrette Blount (shoulder) both being questionable.
- The Lions worked out free agent DL Darius Kilgo. (NFLTR)
Packers HC Mike McCarthy said that QB Aaron Rodgers (knee) is making progress from his knee injury, but he’s still “day to day.”
“Aaron’s getting better. I would say he feels better than he did at the beginning of the week. Tomorrow’s practice will be a big indicator,” McCarthy said. “Nothing’s changed, he’s still day to day.”
- McCarthy said when asked if Rodgers’ injury is going to affect him long term or if he’ll be healthy sooner: “I’m hopeful that in time — whatever that time frame is — it can clear up.” (Ryan Wood)
- The Packers officially list QB Aaron Rodgers (knee), WR Davante Adams (shoulder) and ILB Oren Burks (shoulder) as questionable for Week 2. Green Bay also ruled out S Josh Jones (ankle).
The Vikings listed DE Everson Griffen as limited earlier in the week with a toe injury, but says he has no idea why he was added to the injury report.
“What are you talking about, toe?” Griffen said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “What toe? I don’t know why they listed that toe. I don’t know what they’re talking about. I’m 100 percent I’m healthy to go.”
- The Vikings officially ruled out C Pat Elflein (ankle, shoulder) for Week 2.