- The Chicago Bears officially ruled out CB Marcus Cooper (hamstring) and S DeAndre Houston-Carson (forearm) for Sunday’s game.
- According to Chris Burke, the Lions signed CB DeShawn Shead to the veteran minimum salary of $790,000. If Shead finishes out the year in Detroit, he would cost the Lions around $2.3 million for the season.
- The Detroit Lions officially ruled out OL Andrew Donnal (Knee) and have DE Ezekiel Ansah (Shoulder), LB Eli Harold (Hip), WR Marvin Jones Jr. (Ankle), G T.J. Lang (Back), TE Michael Roberts (Knee) and CB Darius Slay (Concussion) all listed as questionable.
- The Packers officially ruled out CB Kevin King (groin) and list LB Oren Burks (shoulder), CB Davon House (biceps), S Josh Jones (ankle), QB Aaron Rodgers (knee) as questionable for Week 3.
Veteran K Dan Bailey said that the decision to sign on with the Vikings was an easy one for him.
“At this point in my career . . . I wanted to, if it was possible, I wanted to somewhere that had an opportunity to win and be a part of an organization that’s right there and right on the brink of having a lot of success,” Bailey told reporters on Thursday, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “So obviously when this situation came up it fit the bill perfectly. And then I can’t complain on eight games a year inside, so that was a plus as well. So just the ‘win now’ mentality, the guys in the locker room have been great, it’s a really great locker room. So it was kind of an easy decision.”
Bailey is well aware of the expectations for him in Minnesota and for kickers in general.
“It’s very black and white,” Bailey said. “Your kicks either go in or they don’t. I’ve always tried to hold myself to the highest standards that I can.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said that OL Pat Elflein will make his debut on Sunday, but won’t start at center. (Ben Goessling)
- Despite being ruled out for Sunday’s game, Vikings RB Dalvin Cook tells Chris Tomasson that he “definitely” will be ready for their Week 4 game against the Rams game next Thursday.
- The Vikings officially ruled out RB Dalvin Cook (hamstring), DE Everson Griffen (knee), TE David Morgan (knee), and CB Marcus Sherels (ribs) and list RB Mike Boone (groin) as questionable for Week 3.