- Bears HC Matt Nagy said QB Mitchell Trubisky was limited again at practice on Thursday and has not thrown yet. (Jeff Dickerson)
- Trubisky told reporters that he was didn’t throw but went through footwork drills: “I can’t get into specifics just because that’s the advice I’ve been given, but I’m feeling good. I’m getting closer every single day.” (Adam Jahns)
- Regarding his right shoulder injury, Trubisky said: “I feel good. I’m definitely not worried about it, and the good news is it’s not something that’s going to prevent me in the long term. So, we’re just making sure it’s right, 110 percent.” (Adam Jahns)
- Nagy said of DL Akiem Hicks’ Achilles injury: “It’s precautionary. It popped up yesterday. He might do a little at practice today. Might not.” (Rich Campbell)
Former Lions DL coach Jim Washburn, currently with the Dolphins, said he implored the Lions to draft DT Aaron Donald with the No. 10 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
“I was starting to get cranked,” said Washburn, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “And I said this guy is a Jedi. Everybody looked puzzled and Mrs. Ford was sitting there and she couldn’t figure out what the heck a Jedi was. And I said a Jedi, he’s like Yoda. It’s like a Jedi, they see things before they happen, and I said Aaron Donald sees things before they happen. And he’s John Randle. Maybe when it’s all said and done, he’s better than John Randle.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said DT Sheldon Richardson has proven himself to be a long-term option: “He had some things with the Jets that weren’t positive but since he’s been here he’s been real good as far as studying in meetings and paying attention.” (Chris Tomasson)