Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that the Lions will need to “mine” for defensive line help in free agency and the draft.
- According to Rothstein, some cheap-to-mid-range free agent options for Detroit could include Aaron Lynch, Geneo Grissom and Dominique Easley.
- If the Lions look to the draft, Rothstein mentions UTEP’s Marcus Davenport, Boston College’s Harold Landry, Ohio State’s Sam Hubbard, Washington’s Vita Vea, Alabama’s Da’Ron Payne, Stanford’s Harrison Phillips, Florida’s Taven Bryan, Virginia Tech’s Tim Settle and Florida State’s Derrick Nnadi as potential picks within the first two rounds.
Packers RT Bryan Bulaga said Thursday during an interview with ESPN Milwaukee that his rehab from a torn ACL is “going to take me all the way up to training camp.”
When asked about his status with the Packers, Bulaga said he’s yet to hear anything that would imply he won’t be back in Green Bay for the 2018 season.
“My agents were in Indy [at the combine] last week, and we haven’t heard anything,” Bulaga said, via ESPN.com. “I guess my thought process on all of that is, ‘No news is good news.’ To me, I’m getting ready to help the Green Bay Packers win football games next year. That’s what I’m doing. I’m preparing myself, getting myself back ready to help this team win football games. To me, I’m not even really worried about any financial aspects of what’s going on or contract talks. That’s out of my hands. We haven’t heard anything but even if we did, I’m not even worried about that. I’m more worried about getting back, getting ready as soon as possible and being ready to contribute when I get back.”
- Michael Cohen reports that CB Demetri Goodson‘s contract tolled for the 2018 season, which means he won’t be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
- Chris Tomasson reports that the Vikings will not tender exclusive rights free agent LS Jeff Overbaugh.
- Tomasson’s source pointed out that Kevin McDermott is recovering well from shoulder surgery and he will be their long snapper moving forward.
- According to Tomasson, the Vikings have not made a decision regarding whether they’ll tender restricted free agent G Nick Easton. However, Tomasson mentions that it would be really surprising to see Minnesota not tender a starting offensive lineman.