A recent report mentioned that some Lions players are not happy about the rule changes and how hard they’ve been worked since HC Matt Patricia took over.
Lions S Glover Quin admitted that not everyone is happy about the changes, but it’s still their job to play football at a high level.
“Players that were here previously, I’m pretty sure a lot of them are like, ‘This is tougher, this is different,‘” Quin said, via Kyle Meinke of MLive.com. “But that’s always expected when you have a new coach. It’s just the way it is. The personalities (between Patricia and Caldwell) are completely different, so obviously the way things are brought about are completely different. It’s just a part of it. It happens to every team, and you just deal with it.
“Your job is to go out there and play football, and be a good football player.”
“I don’t know who they’re talking to. Ask NFL Network who they’re talking to,” Quin added. “Like I say, there’s always going to be differences and people are always going to have things to say. Our job is to focus on football and trying to win games. Everything is better when you’re winning. If you’re winning, you know, it’s hard to complain. You’re winning, so whatever you’re doing must be working.”
On Thursday, Packers HC Mike McCarthy said that QB Aaron Rodgers (knee) will try to do more in the rehab portion of today’s practice than he did on Wednesday.
“This is no layup,” McCarthy said, via ESPN.com. “That’s why it’s a day-to-day situation.”
A Packers player tells Rob Demovsky that “the vibe feels like he’s going to try [to play].”
- Ian Rapoport mentions that the best indicator of Rodgers’ Week 2 status is whether he practices on Saturday. However, Rapoport admits that Rodgers wouldn’t have to take part in Saturday’s practice to suit up on Sunday, but this should give a good idea of how he’s doing.
- Packers OLB Clay Matthews said of Rodgers’ availability this week: “Sounds like he’ll be out there and we’ll need him.” (Zach Heilprin)
- Packers WR Davante Adams (shoulder) tells Tom Pelissero that he feels “great” after putting in a limited practice on Thursday: “It’s still day to day. I felt good today at practice, so we just have to keep making progress til Sunday and hopefully I’ll be ready to run.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said Thursday that Pat Elflein is nearing a return, but it’s too early to say if he’ll return to playing center: “It’s way too early. I’m not going to make any determinations on anything like that yet.” (Andrew Krammer)
- Vikings DE Everson Griffen was added to the injury report on Thursday after putting in a limited session due to a toe injury.