49ers QB C.J. Beathard explained that he’s better prepared to be the team’s starting quarterback now that he has over a year under his belt.
“It’s Year Two for me in this offense,” Beathard said, via the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. “With any extra time doing something, the better you get at it. I definitely understand more of the whys, why certain things happen, why this guy we think will be open, why we attack certain things versus certain coverages. There’s nothing you can do to simulate those reps in practice. The only way you can do it is by going out there and actually getting those game-time reps.”
- A source tells Jason Wolf that there’s “zero chance” of the Bills signing WR Rishard Matthews, even though they could use some help at the position.
- Wolf notes that Matthews doesn’t have the best relationship with Bills WRs coach Terry Robiskie from their time together in Tennessee.
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin told reporters on Thursday he’s ready to play in Week 4, but he realizes it’s not his decision. (Mike Vorel)
- Jim Trotter reports that the Seahawks are the first team he knows of that offered S Eric Reid a one-year deal, which happened back in August before Earl Thomas ended his holdout.
- Seahawks re-sign TE Darrell Daniels to their practice squad. (NFLTR)