49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo (ACL) has been back in the building since Tuesday and taking part in team meetings.
49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said it’s good to have Garoppolo back and they plan to have him around even more as he gets closer to start of rehab.
“It’s been good to have him around,” Shanahan said Friday, via Charean Williams of PFT. “He’s still on his crutches and everything, so he’s not going out to practice or anything. But it was good to see his face. Definitely he’s grown his beard out a little bit. You can tell he’s been sitting in a hospital or a bed most of the time. But it’s good to have him back in the building. He’s got to make a few more strides just healing from the surgery and things like that, and we’ll get him around a lot more.”
- The San Francisco 49ers officially ruled out WR Dante Pettis (knee) for Week 7’s game and listed CB Jimmie Ward (hamstring) as doubtful.
- The 49ers also have WR Pierre Garcon (shoulder, knee), CB Richard Sherman (calf), WR Trent Taylor (back), CB K’Waun Williams (shoulder), and CB Ahkello Witherspoon (concussion) down as being questionable for Sunday.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out DE Vinny Curry (ankle) and DT Gerald McCoy (calf) for Sunday’s game against the Browns and list CB Carlton Davis (back) and S Jordan Whitehead (hamstring) as questionable.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said Friday that it’s realistic to expect WR Ted Ginn Jr. could return from injured reserve in eight weeks after he recently underwent a scope for inflammation in his knee. (Mike Triplett)
- The New Orleans Saints officially ruled out G Andrus Peat (concussion) and DT Taylor Stallworth (ankle) for Week 7’s game against the Ravens and list G Jermon Bushrod (not injury related) and G Larry Warford (back) as questionable.