- 49ers LB Reuben Foster said of the legal issues he dealt with this offseason: “It was a big learning experience. I learned from every mistake … I learned from a lot of things. I just grew from it.” (Eric Branch)
- Foster added: “It made me appreciate football a lot better, It was crazy knowing that football can be gone. But just being back on this field with my brothers and these coaches is a blessing.” (Eric Branch)
“I don’t waver that Sam is our starter. It’s his job to lose,” Wilks said, via AzCardinals.com.
“I think Josh is doing a great job, as well as Mike Glennon,” Wilks said. “Those guys are getting the reps they need, and once we really get into the swing of things, particularly with me, it comes down to preseason games and giving those guys the chance to get in there and perform. We see how they really start separating themselves.”
- Michael David Smith of PFT reports that the Cardinals signed S Tre Boston to a one-year contract worth up to $3 million.
- Boston’s new includes $800,000 guaranteed, a $300,000 signing bonus, a $1 million base salary, $200,000 in per-game roster bonuses and $1.5 million in incentives.
- The Cardinals activated CB Chris Campbell from the PUP list.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said that rookie WR Calvin Ridley suffered what they believe is a minor hamstring/leg issue. Meanwhile, second-year DE Takk McKinley is dealing with a bruise. (Vaughn McClure)
Giants GM Dave Gettleman told reporters on Friday that his cancer is now in remission after undergoing treatment this offseason.
“I feel really good. Sometimes I feel like I’m apologizing for that,” Gettleman said, via ESPN.com. “But you know, my energy is good. I’m not telling you, chemo ain’t fun. There has been a couple days where, oof, it rocks your world. … It’s not fun.”
“Well, you know, what was really weird was that I didn’t quite understand it,” Gettleman added. “Here I am thinking I’m pretty smart. When he told me, ‘You’re in complete remission,’ it was like, it was kind of weird.”